3.3 How to create your own version of Documentation
To create your own version of documentation you’ll need to follow these steps:
These procedures assume you have an github account, you forked pecan, you have cloned pecan locally, and have a TRAVIS account.
1. Create a repository under your github account with the name “pecan-documentation”. Clear it of any files. Set up the repository with Github Pages by going to the settings tab for that repository.
2. Create a personal access token for github: https://help.github.com/en/articles/creating-a-personal-access-token-for-the-command-line and copy it.
3. Create a TRAVIS environment variable called
GITHUB_PAT and save the access token you made as a secret variable.
4. Create a branch from your local pecan repository with a name that starts with
release/. (ie. Release/vtonydoc)
5. Make whichever changes you would like to the documentation and push it up to your fork.
From here TRAVIS will build your documentation. The web version of your documentation will be rendered with the url following the structure: username.github.io/pecan-documentation/pattern_after_release/