What is GSoC?For over 10 years Google has sponsored a global program that pairs students with open source software development projects. For three months over the summer students receive real world experience contributing to software development and guidance from mentors. On the other hand, participating organizations are able to bring in new developers to grow their code base. Overall, GSoC helps open source communities grow and thrive. Thousands of student and organization from around the world have participated and now you can too!
Ecosystem science has many components, so does PEcAn! Some Project ideas can be found here on our project ideas list.
There are Two Parts to the application process:First, follow the PEcAn specific application steps:
1. Choose a project from our project ideas list or come up with your own.
2. Fill out PEcAn GSoC application form. The form is self-explanatory, and it requires completing a project specific technical task which will in return help you write your GSOC proposal.
* Please fill out the form in a timely manner so that we can review it sooner and give you feedback. *
3. Send an email to your project-specific mentors indicating that you have completed the form, attach your resume or CV.Second, write and submit your GSoC proposal:
1. With guidance from your mentors, write your proposal.
2. Start coding! Go on our Slack channels and github repository and start coding!